Re: NOT SO Disappointed...

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: NOT SO Disappointed...
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:39:28 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
A lot of people ask me at shows why my gas cap is painted and not chrome.  When
these cars first came out, if anyone left their gas cap at the gas station and
had to replace it the only after market you could get was chrome.  After several
years many Bugeyes had chrome gas caps.  I bought a stainless one from Moss a
few
years ago that looks very close to original and had it painted during the
restoration, as original.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite