RE: Minilites or Revolutions?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Minilites or Revolutions?
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 05:57:08 -0700
Spridgeteers,

While I remember the Minilites as being still very popular in the seventies
in England, another choice was the then superlite and very strong Revolution
four spoke wheels- I had them on several Ford RS cars... I remember also the
"Alleycats"- looked great but difficult to clean! Any Britisher on this list
remembers those?

Some thirty years later, I got four Revolution wheels (four spoke) with my
Bugeye racer- and purchased another four since. They are still in the box,
complete with all appropriate lug nuts! I decided not to buy used original
Minilites (safety concerns), or new Minilites, look-alike or not. Does not
mean I don't like them- I just prefer the Revolutions!  I have no experience
with Minotaurs (sp?) or KN wheels, but raced two seasons with Panasports-
Most racers in my class used the Panasports.

In the end, it's a matter of pocket book and preference for a specific
style. I actually quite like the look of the Revolutions on the Spridget,
and I plan to get a set for my 1970 Lotus 7 as well.

Jac
1959 AH "Bugeye"

---