Re: VIN and paint removal now VIN Wrong

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: VIN and paint removal now VIN Wrong
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:48:31 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
>  On my VIN there is a letter "U" while on my
> Title and Registration it is a letter "V". Should I be worried? Can I ask
> for it to be corrected now?

I don't know anything about CA, but at sometime over the years, my GAN5 was
changed to GANS. When I noticed the error, I brought it to the attention of one
of the goons at DMV, along with the registration that showed an expiration date
of one year before it was issued, and did not have a great deal of trouble. I
also questioned why my permanent registration had an expiration date at all. I
think that they were probably glad to see the last of me. I now go to a
different
branch.

Kate