Re: Scrap yard finds - stuff for the list - 8" rear drums? EDT

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Scrap yard finds - stuff for the list - 8" rear drums? EDT
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 07:06:41 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel...

I don't know how numerous 10cc engines
are over there but they are rare enough
over here....sold my used one out of my
BE for $1k and that was just the longblock
with flywheel with 55K+ on it. Ran very
well, though.

We had only 3 4-engine bombers in WW2
and I don't think the B-29 made the ETO
so most likely a B-17 (single vertical
centered "tailfin") or a B-24 (double vertical "tailfins", one either
side of the fuselage at ends of horizontal tail).

I was over there viewing the Shuttleworth
Collection when one of the last flying B-24's made a pass over the
field. This
one was found in India. The second is
owned by the Confederate Air Force here
in the States and I think that's about it for
flying B-24's.

That pendant accelerator pedal was a
good find...I got one of these somewhere
for eventual installation on the BE with
the 45DCOE. All I have to do is find it
among all my "stuff"! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)