Old aircraft - no LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Old aircraft - no LBC
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:48:45 EDT
Hi list,

Seemed to be a lot of interest in old aircraft so I dug out the web page for
the show and indeed a B17 Flying Fortress was scheduled as a display aircraft
so it looks like I am almost certainly correct in identifying it.

Sadly the pilot of the Spirit of St Louis replica died later in the day when
shortlty after take-off the aircraft suffered structural failure - a reminder
of why I tend not to want to go to air shows.  In the UK at least a fatality
is almost routine, or so it seems.

Daniel1312

http://www.classicairshow.co.uk/aircraft.html