Guilded Tadpole

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Guilded Tadpole
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:56:35 -0400
Tried to send this message out this morning about 4 and again during
patients today but here goes the third attempt.  I guess I just wasn't
thinking right at the time.

Guys and Ladies you have to dream big and come up with all kinds of
ingenious ideas to make it come true.  The Austin Healey Sprite 50 Years
Meet is just one heck of a big dream at this point.  I like all your pipe
smoke additions to this dream so far .... keep grinding those gears and
burning those tires !!!!!!  Right now we are in a "think about all
contingencies stage."  Once everybody has put their dollars worth into
the discussion appropriate decisions will be made.

There are lots of Healey Clubs out there.  All of them are SPRITE
friendly.  They will want to be part of this in a big way too.   They all
helped at our '98 Meet and they will help again I am sure.

Bill and Chip Miller Owners at Carlisle Productions (THE Import Show ...
)have always helped me in the past.  They gave away a Bugeye in '88 and
then a Square Bodied Sprite at another one of our Meets because I asked
and I guess because they liked me.  They will give me the lowdown on
liability and the business end of this I am sure.  Heck I signed my life
away, about fifteen (15) pages of contract that only a lawyer could read,
 just to get the super huge autocross site we had for SpriteSpree '03.
(I thought it was all down the drain when the Penn National
representative lady brought me all the papers and Mike was out in the
rain in the postage-stamp sized Holiday parking lot doing donuts,
pretzels and safety break turns on only two Sprite wheels during the
English Style Autotest.  Her only comment was ...... " OH MY !!!!!!!!!!
")  It can't get any "better" than that !

The idea about finishing early and moving the Sprite around to various
Meets before 'A-H SPRITE 50 Years' sounds super.  Someone start to figure
out the Meets and dates.

Do me a big favor.  Don't cut me out of this 'golden bugeye'  dream.  I
want to have as much fun as you guys are going to have.  I just don't do
teeth you know.  Which brings up .... gold.  You know the black powder
gun on my dental waiting room wall has more gold in it, instead of brass,
than you can imagine.  ...... I also made a gold key for the little
plaster Bugeye model I brought to various shows.  Heck, I made a remote
control Bugeye out of red denture plastic..... equivalent to 10 full sets
of dentures.  Lights, horn and all.... Donald Healey said he didn't want
to drive it cause he might crash it ..... yea right, I would be the only
guy in the world with a Bugeye that DMH would have crashed.  "Told him I
would hold onto his dentures as collateral until I got done playing with
the model." (Na... I don't know if he had any kind of a plates.)   So....
please let's not have any more vibes about letting old man Moses out of
this one.

Bill .... I am sure there is more 'Golden Frog' stuff inside your head
that is just bustin to get out.  Dean ... I got at  least one nice piece
of nice walnut left that  we can use in "Little Goldie."  You know just a
little something from each of the past 25 years of anniversary Meets has
got to be in that car.   I can see the O'crap gang of Spridget elves now
... drooling.  Just don't feed them and hold the food & beer till it's
over.  Dave .... keep dreaming ... taking the "Gilded Tadpole" around to
all kinds of Meets probably just help us by quite a few hundreds of
dollars.  As the tadpole sprouts into a frog she will be quite the
celebrity.   We all win the more she is seen in public and advertised.
Yes, she will be quite THE Healey lady of '08.

Let's get the gold dust out of our eyes and figure out how to advertise
this at Brit Car Show, Conclave and Encounter to name a few.  Can any
body draw-up some poster size artist renditions of our dreams and get
them to me or these Meets???

Let's figure out the rules and who is going to work, when, on the parts
and pieces.  Remember, A-H SPRITE 50 Years, 1821 Days & Counting Down!
I'm so fired up, couldn't sleep ... and it's the wee hours of Thursday
am.

Keep smiling,