Re: 1969 Sprite PCV valve

To: "James Algar" <jamesa@HI-TORQUE.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1969 Sprite PCV valve
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:57:15 -0700
Jim:
The 1969-74 1275 engines did not use the large diaphragm style PCV valve
found on earlier cars.  Your earlier description of what you had left of the
system is all that should be needed to properly evacuate the crankcase of
fumes.  There should be a hose from the timing cover oil separator to a "Y"
leading to the metered vacuum source at the base of the SU carburetors.
This system requires the use of a NON-Vented oil cap.  Using a vented cap
will result in oil being drawn through the system, and a lean air-fuel
mixture (increased idle speed, misfire under medium load, higher than normal
operating temps, etc.)
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino