Works Intake Manifold

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Works Intake Manifold
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:40:07 -0700
Can someone identify a 1275 manifold I bought today?  It is a Healey
manifold with two separate intakes connected with a balance pipe.  There
are two Healey 100M carbs on them with linkage.  The intake castings
both have raised letters cast into them that say: "HEALEY" and below
that, "02344".  I am told this is a Works manifold for the Sebring cars
or a set made up from original parts in the same way.  The carb intakes
have been ground out in the intake to mimic a stub stack.  I was told
the 100M carbs alone are worth a lot.  The most interesting part are the
intake manifolds, as these represent Healey racing history.  This set
was raced in the 60's and then stored until recently when they were
offered to me.  You're not going to believe what I paid for the whole
thing.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2