Re: Steering column insert

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering column insert
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:05:27 -0500
VB sells it as does Moss, or at least they did.  The ones I received
were ~3/16" thick white felt with a lip so it doesn't disappear into the
tube and it's cut on an angle so when you rolled it up it made a
diagonal seam.  I had to force it into the column (soak it in oil first)
but once in there is very little play.  I have noticed the play
returning and it may have slipped.  I thought about taping the ends so
they didn't pull apart but didn't do it for whatever reason.

I like the chrome tube idea!
Good luck,
Dave
59 :{)