Minilite Restoration

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Minilite Restoration
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:09:27 -0400 FILETIME=[5C264180:01C336D9]
A  question for those with  Magnesium Minilites. The Minlites I have have
paint flaking off and are pretty dull underneath that. I started the use a
brass wire wheel brush on them, and that seemed to work pretty well. Shined
up nice, but this would take a LOOONG time to do all 4. Could they be
blasted? What type of media would be best? Glass beads? Plastic? Walnut
shells??
When done I plan on having them crack tested, can they be Magnafluxed?? Got
to try and find a shop locally.. I also plan to have the insides epoxy
painted to seal them up, then probably just clear coat the outside since
they seem to shine nicely by themselves.
Thanks for your input.

Brian S.
Bugeye under slow resto