NOS Gear Box , now repro tach drives!

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: NOS Gear Box , now repro tach drives!
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:35:38 -0400
Cc: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
BTW!
i bought one of the very first gear reduction boxes from moss when they
released them as a new reproduction product.  the case halves were not
sealed nor well machined for a good fit between the halves.  the cases
leaked like a sieve!  i notified moss of this imediately and to the best of
my knowledge nothing was ever done about this.   i took apart a brand new
assembly and sealed it myself.    now!  in my estimation i should have never
had to dismantle a brand new item to fix it's leakage.   but at the time it
was the only one i had that worked and it was my only option as moss seemed
indifrent to my reporting the problem.   any of you who are using one of the
reproduction tach drive gear boxes might want to protect your investment in
the item by disassembling it and positivly sealing it in order to retain
it's lubricant to protect both the gear box and the generator's armature if
the gear box siezes!

chuck.