LBCs at "Woodies on the Wharf"

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBCs at "Woodies on the Wharf"
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:51:46 -0700
I'm sunburned from the day on the wharf and exhausted from the drive home but
here is a quick summary of the LBCs at the Santa Cruz Woody show today.

There were 5 Morris Travellers, one Mini clubman Traveller, one American
Bantam Woody, and a giant full-blower-through-the-bonnet street rod with a
Traveller skin over it.  One show stopper was a tiny Fiat woody like nothing I
had ever seen.  A flawless restoration, RHD, and very much the center of
attention.  It was smaller than my Austin A35.  I got quite a few shots today
and I'll impose on someone (Gerard?) to post some of the more interesting
ones.  Since Gerard was there with a camera, that may not be necessary.  It
was amazing how much attention the Morrises got.  I think the bright colors
compared to the staid American woodies was part of it.

One car I know Gerard will be posting on his site was arguably the most
horrific abortion of a Sprite I've ever seen.  I would never have guessed it
had once been a Sprite but for the poster in the front that had a picture of a
bugeye and a paragraph telling how it started out as a bugeye and now had only
three sprite parts remaining.  Gerard and I counted more than three but it
hurt the eyes to look too long at it.

There was one bumper sticker I would have liked but My wife said it wasn't
going on HER Traveller:

"Happiness is waking up every morning with a Woody"

Time to put someting on this sunburn, adios for now.
Glen