Re: '74 Midget Rear Springs

To: SSWARIN@aol.com
Subject: Re: '74 Midget Rear Springs
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:01:31 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve,

I also have a 74 and it had the same problem.

If your springs are not damaged, a cheap fix is to swap the springs from
side to side, (put the left spring on the right side and the right
spring on the left side).  I did this about three years ago and it
worked out well.  The car sat level, (for a while).....

2 years ago I rebuilt the car from the ground up and that included new
springs. It sat perfectly level with the new springs...   It now sits
about 2 inches lower on the drivers side again.....

I don't have any expierence with the Moss or VB springs.  I will be
having my next set re-arched at my local spring shop after we/they take
the appropriate measurments to make the car sit level.

Kevin V.