Re: SU question

To: gjbranch@attbi.com, PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: Re: SU question
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:15:27 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
If anything I would expect the atomisation of the fuel to be way superior on
a DCOE than the SU because the fuel and air have already been mixed before it
comes into the main airflow through the carb excepting at low rpm when it is
no different from the SU in that it mixes straight into the air stream.

The reason the bottom end is better (sometimes) on the SU is because at low
rpm the venturi is very small whereas with the weber it is large across the rpm
range.  A decent rampipe goes a long way to sorting this out but in my
experience it is about 1 in 30 if not 50 cars that have them.

Daniel1312