Minor LBC (Boot lock update), Camry running rough.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Minor LBC (Boot lock update), Camry running rough.
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:26:57 -0400
Hey list! I know this is a LBC list, but I need to draw on your general
automotive expertise!

My daily driver, an 89 DX V6, 171K miles, started to run rough this morning -
it feels like it's missing a cylinder, power is down a bit, and I can hear a
distinct "putt-putt-putt" to the exhayst note that wasn't there. Pulling away
from a stop light it sounds like an old beat-up 77 Malibu. I'm also feeling
extra heat coming up from the e-brake handle gasket.

I'm planning a tune-up this weekend - plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and cam cover
gaskets (they're leaking, and have been for a long time).  Air filer is
relatively new, oil has just been changed, temp is OK - gauge is normal.
Anything I should look at while I've got this thing apart? Fuel injectors?
Plugged exhaust/cat converter?

LBC content: After a day in the electrolytic deruster, the boot lock key turns
in the cylinder about 80 degrees, but it still doesn't move the locking pin.
I've re-oriented it on my hanger and put it back in the bath to see if the
locking pin will dislodge.

TIA!

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu