Re: Neg ground and stereo

To: "Lansing, Joseph G." <Joseph.G.Lansing@conocophillips.com>, "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Neg ground and stereo
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:05:22 -0300
Joe

Isolate the stereo from the car (I did this once in a wood box mounted on a
carpet-covered board that also had speakers attached to it and fit between
the wheel wells just behind the seats on the "parcel shelf") or switch car
to polarity that matches stereo.  You may also have to isolate the antenna
by placing the base on a piece of rubber - I can't remember.

There are some stereos that have a polarity switch on them - but I've only
seen this on old models.

HTH
Geoff Muttart
gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca