Re: Midget won't start

To: Dwgwater@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget won't start
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:35:37 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave,

The first thing I would check is whether you have a spark at the
points. Do this by removing the dist cap, turning the key on and with
the points being on a low point of the cam, manually operate (open
and close) the points and see if they spark. If the do, remove the
spark plugs, make sure each one is grounded to the block, then crank
over the engine and see if each ones sparks. If so, you may have a
fuel problem. If you don't get a spark at the points, you'll need to
backtrack and see if you are getting electricity from the wire that
connects to the dizzy. If so, the problem is in the dizzy. If you are
sure you have a point gap then it's likely a broken wire or bad
condenser.

Gerard