Re: ebay WAS A-arm woes

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: ebay WAS A-arm woes
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:24:10 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

Some of the funniest auctions have been for the Flying-A pedal pads. Remember
the 2 auctions where they went for $100 a pair! Now they occassionally don't
even sell for $19.95. While bidders were killing each other with bids reaching
$100+, all one had to do was call Motorhead at their 800 number shown in the
auction to buy them at the counter price of $12.50!!

> One of those Flying A pedal pads auctions were mine.  I had originally listed
>the pads at $30 ($5 less than what I paid for them from Mike Lazorowicz (SP?)
>for an ORIGINAL pair)  The bidder on the east coast was someone that writes a
>column in the Austin Healey Club of America magazine.  I met him a while later
>and he explained.  He is a nut for NOS stuff and
> admits to regularly paying too much for this stuff.  He just got in a bidding
>war at the last few minutes on this item and it clearly got out of hand.  He
>also told me that he found an excellent reproduction pair in Australia a few
>weeks later for $6.00!

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2