High compression ?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h6ELTbN2005197
Subject: High compression ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:29:53 -0700
I have my engine apart and I am trying to decide what to do and how far I
want to go...Stock or High compression pistons seems to be one of the big
questions?....I am shooting for a tractable, well behaved, hot road car.
Emphasis on low end and torque over top speed.

This article seems to indicate that 'stock' may have been higher compression
than I have now. My pistons are in pretty nice condition, but they have a
deep dish so must be 'low compression'? or am I getting this all wrong

I copied this of the Seveb Enterprises website

http://www.7ent.com/

"High-Compression"   Higher compression equals more power, so it is a common
practice to use
a higher compression ratio when rebuilding.  We often get phone calls from
customers who are not
aware their engine has been "detuned" as a result of an earlier rebuild
where low-compression Sprite-
Midget-Austin America pistons were used instead of the Cooper S type.  The
stock 'S' ran about
9.75:1 compression, which was fairly high compression in the old days, but
is now seen much more
often in the high-efficiency engines of modern cars.  The Cooper S piston
evolved several times over
the years, going from a 4-ring type to a 3-ring type, and now is offered in
a modern low friction 3-ring
setup with slipper skirt.  The current design, developed for
high-performance Metro A+ engines gets
extra compression from a taller pin height, which is the distance from
piston pin centerline to the top.
The top has a shallow dish, unlike the deep dish of the Spridget-America
pistons.  This is our most
popular 1275cc piston, and we have good stocks at great prices.  We've heard
of other suppliers
getting $325+ per set, but we'd be embarrassed to charge that much.  All
sizes on the shelf for $279.80!