Re: Oil pressure

To: PilotRob@webtv.net (Robert E. Shlafer)
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:30:02 -0700
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com (Frank Clarici), Joseph.G.Lansing@conocophillips.com (Lansing, Joseph G.), spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets \(E-mail\))
You certainly don't want to ignore this if it keeps getting worse as
it *could* warning sign. However, given the age of the engine and the
high temperature it may not be that big a problem. A-series engines
typically have pretty high oil pressure, however a good "rule of
thumb"is 10 lbs per 1000 RPM. It should be OK.

Gerard