timing?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: timing?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:22:35 -0500 with any abuse report
Hi all
in the last month I have been having a difficult time getting my bugeye to
run right, I changed the spark plugs and then had a dickens of a time with
the points, A lot of good advice (from you all) got me on the right path to
figure out WHAT to check. And yes I had the Lucas points shorted out. I got
them in and had good success in the car running, took it for quite a drive 2
Sundays ago. The next morning I woke up and was going to take the car out
and NOTHING again. I got out the mutimeter, and sure as shit they were
shorted again, now how can I put away a running car, and come out in the
morning to have it shorted again. This time I just threw in the towel and
bought some Borg-Warner points. and Its been running ever since.

The problem I am having now is it seems to have a lack of power (even doggy
for the 948) especially once its in the 3000 + range its terribly flat, and
actually sputters at times. I bought a timing light and think I have the car
timed correct. But seeing how this is the only thing I have been monkeying
around with it seems to point in this direction.
Anybody have some more advice for me?

Willy

willy@thompsoncarpentry.com

www.thompsoncarpentry.com