Maiden Voyage

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Ed Wolf <Lotus7ed@aol.com>
Subject: Maiden Voyage
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:29:52 -0400
Well tonight Diane and I went out to dinner in my newest, finished
Project. :)
The Blue Bugeye I purchased on Memorial day is just about finished.
It's driveable and has everything except seatbelts and a sway bar.
They go on tomorrow night.
I did have the usual maiden voyage problems.
One headlight went out, no fuel at high speed, and a dash light on the
oil gauge doesn't work.
So once home, I checked out the wiring, I guess the headlight low beam
just burned out. It worked when I left home. the dash light came
unplugged (or was never plugged in), and the fuel was my fault, I set
the regulator a .5 instead of 1.5 PSI. And the timing is off just a tad
But other than that, It's good to have MY Sprite back.
My goal was to have it ready for Kevin's rally, I finished with a week
to spare. At least I'll get some shakedown runs in before the 3 hour
trip to Tamaqua.

52 days from a rolling tub to a bare metal, full nut and bolt, painted
in and out, all new suspension, and brakes, restoration.
I just gotta wax it and install the belts and sway bar.
Oh, not counting the cost of the tub, I have about $1200 into it. (and a
lot of long nights)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ