Re: New pin, old wishbone

To: kmmccarley@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New pin, old wishbone
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:19:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/03 7:58:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kmmccarley@earthlink.net writes:

> The new fulcrum pin isn't going into my old A arm well.  It looks like
> the threads in the arm aren't what they used to be.  The old pin still
> threads in just fine.
>
> Would someone please point me towards the right procedure for this
> (besides buying a new A arm)?

I dont know why you would be replacing the fulcrum pin without replacing the
bushings, since the bushings wear too, probably more than the hardened pin.
But we all have our reasons.  No one can point you to the right procedure in
this case because that does, indeed, involve either buying a new or
reconditioned A-arm or replacing the bushings--kind of a formidable task in
itself.

--David C.