HIF6 bonnet clearance

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: HIF6 bonnet clearance
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 06:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
Up early this AM, so I figured I'd fit an HIF6 to the
recently de-Webered Bugeye.  All seemed too easy until
I fit check the bonnet closure - the top of the
dashpot piston will hit the bonnet.  Those that have
fit an HIF6 to a stock bodied Bugeye (with 1275
motor), how did you get the clearance needed?  I'm
guessing it needs at least 1/4 inch, if not more.  I
don't want to skim the head quite that much ;-).

TIA,
Ron