re: 2 things

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: re: 2 things
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:32:03 -0400 6.0.1|February 07, 2003) at 07/30/2003 08:35:19 AM
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank
 you said moan
I work for a company that makes power steering hose assemblies and we have
"dictionary" of noises
Moan is a low pitched constant frequency
Graon is a low pitched variable frequency
Shriek is a high pitched constant frequncy
Shudder is mechanical feedback to the steering
Rattle - self explanatory
Buzz - self explanatory, typically related to metal near metal making
contact

So with those terms in minds, I think you might be experiencing buzz
possible causes
loose bracket attachment
loose bolt
bracket or line near frame or obstruction, needs rubber isolator

My metal fuel line was buzzing against the frame on my 67.  I added a
couple of rubber isolated tube clamp brackets and noise went away

the hardest part is finding the noise

good luck
Tommy