Boot lock, part 2

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Boot lock, part 2
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:48:21 -0700 (PDT)
Got the key for my boot lock from Pete Groh today.
Quick service, reasonable price($12)including $1 for
the folks at paypal, and it works. But........I think
there may be another problem with the lock. The key
turns the cylinder, and appears to lock it, but the
handle still turns and unlatches the boot. Seems like
a problem with the locking mechanism itself. Sometimes
it will even turn endlessly as if the mechanism is not
hooked to the square shaft.

Anybody on the list have a similar problem or have any
ideas? Padlock and chain?

thanks, bill b.