Re: Battery Water

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Water
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:29:09 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/2003 3:26:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgraziano@mindspring.com writes:
What's the deal with battery water?  My two year old battery wasn't holding
a charge at all.  When I opened up the battery, there was very little water
in it.  Should I refill it?  With what type of water (de-ionized, distilled,
etc...)

The deal is, water evaporates.  Fill it with distilled water if you have
some, but clean tap water is really OK to use.  Not too high, just to the split
ring.  The battery should be OK as long as the acid wasn't too concentrated and
ate anything.

Allen Hefner
Philadelphia Region SCCA RoadRally Chairman
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'99 Ford Contour (2.5L 24v V6 SE Sport)
and my Mom's '85 Toyota Tercel in the driveway