Re: Spridget wheel data?

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget wheel data?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:19:06 -0700
Hi David,

I have a set of wheels on my Morris derived from Sprite centers,  The rims
are 5 1/2" aftermarket safety rims and have an offset measured BCBR of 4
3/8"  They fit perfectly on a RWA Bugeye a friend has and look really great
on his car.  On this RWA there was no rubbing anywhere.  Have no idea how
they'd fit on a square wheel arch car.  A 5" Vega wheel I have here has a
BCBR measurement of 3 1/4", so I doubt it would fit inside the fender well
of any Spridget.

Unfortunately, the wheel shop that was making these went out of business 2
years ago.

BCBR: A measurement from a straight edge across the edge of the back rim to
the back side of the center. Back of Center, Back of Rim.

Later, Paul A