Re: endfloat

To: "Bill Bryant" <bryant@sonic.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: endfloat
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:34:54 -0700
Hi Bill,

My book is saying .002" to .003", on the crank end float, so it looks like
you're OK on the clearance.  It's a lot easier to measure with a dial
indicator than a feeler gauge, but the feeler is good enough with a prying
screwdriver in this case, I'm sure.

BTW, you don't need to scrape the plastigage off the bearing, potentially
damaging the shell surface.  It's wax and will disappear on start up

Later, Paul A