Why is it?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why is it?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:01:26 -0400
Everytime I rebuild an engine and stick the dizzy drive gear in, it is
180 out? I have a 50/50 chance and like modern plugs on tools, I get it
wrong 100% of the time!

And why is it I have this nice rebuilt fresh painted engine and I always
manage to have an oil leak on first start up? This time it was the banjo
nolt on the block, I had it tight but I needed to make it tighter to
crush the new copper gasket thingy. Oil all over my nice new 1098.

I got my new rings, bearings, and gaskets Friday. I stated putting it
back to gether Friday night. Saturday was an Oshit meeting at Chris
Kings and I got home too late to mess with the engine. Today I finished
it up and fired it up to break it in. Runs nice, 65 psi oil pressure
when hot, no smoke, no knocks, I guess I did good ;)

And here's a "why is it" you won't hear of too often.
Why is it the coil I was using, and have used on other start ups,
decided to literally blow up? Like in shoot black *stuff* about 7 feet
across the garage.
I was mopping up the gas that spilled out of the bowls on the floor
right under the open exhaust manifold (I didn't want to set the garage
on fire) The coil was still hooked up and laying on the floor, engine
not running, I heard a fizzle sound, looked arounf and then it went POW!
And shot it's load quite a distance. Black tar like stuff.
It was hooked up correctly and it wasn't even a Lucas coil, it was a
Bosch!! Anybody ever see this happen?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ