Re: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 06:39:56 -0500
customising is a beautifull thing when it turns out "right".  due to
manufacturing irregularities , age, and inconsistency in certain items makes
for some funny problems in fittment.   one thing you might be experiencing
is the felt steering shaft "bushing" might be seriously worn or missing or,
slipped out of place allowing the steering shaft to"wobble" or "wander" when
turned.  another possibility might be a bent shaft(rare but possible).
obviously you must be the detective in this matter but i thought i would
share these ideas  with hopes that it might help you trouble shoot your
problem.  although the spring loaded horn contact is supposed to correct any
minor irregularities in the brass contact plate be certain the plate is
clean and as "flat" as possible as well as properly secured and not wobbling
about on the bakelite steering wheel surround.

chuck.