Re: brake modifications '69 sprite

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: brake modifications '69 sprite
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:17:45 -0500
Cc: midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
bill b. wrote:

> Otherwise maybe bypassing the dual system by linking
> the brake lines directly together would work.

I did just that. The early cars used a simple 4 way union with no
shuttle/check/balance valve of any kind. I gutted that funky union,
installed a 67 brake master and stuck a bleeder nipple in the extra hole
on the union. It's been trouble free for 3 years now. I wish I could say
that about all the new and/or rebuilt tandem brake masters.
One of the new ones lasted almost all night! Most of the rebuilts last
about a month. Maybe all my bores are beyond rebuilding but you can find
the 67 brake master NOS on Ebay all the time for around $20.
A direct bolt in for 67 onwards Spridgets but it only has one line.
Thus making for an extra pipe hole at the union. So I stuck the bleeder
in there or you can fit an early style brake light switch in the hole.

I am also running this set up on my Bugeye but with the early style
brake union.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ