Re: Respray cost

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Respray cost
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:16:55 +0000
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:00:40PM -0500, Charles Christ wrote:
> if it's a concept best put on a back burner for a few years i highly
> reccomend you forget trying to get a feel for a financial "value" at this
> point in time.  why?   material costs vary depending upon color chosen,
> specific companies seem to come and go as far as manufacturers are concerned
> and labor rates only go up.  if you are literally looking a few years down
> the road, anything you are quoted will be of little value  as any type of
> guideline once you are ready.   hey!  i am not trying to frustrate you but
> preperation is evrything and then aplication follows there after.   if
> evrything "goes up" in cost  an estimate of what someone else has invested
> is only relative to that specific project as evry one of these cars vary in
> their specific needs and things wich have been done in the past wich need to
> be un-done or re-done.    i have yet to see two identical condition cars.
> between owner neglect, time and rust and colisions (from parking lot dents
> to outright crumpled panels looking like an acordian!) they all become quite
> individually unique unto themselves.
>
> chuck.
> not quite the answer, but it was an honest attempt!

Fair enough.  I guess the point is if it can be done below a certain
budget, perhaps I will do it now, rather than wait until it's really
necessary.

It's difficult, as I'm hoping to buy a flat this week, and sadly I think
I'm better off putting my money into that...  The car is not terrible,
but I keep thinking how cool it would be if sprayed...

Now playing: Deep Purple - Space Trucking