Re: What makes a WORST snow car?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What makes a WORST snow car?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:55:13 -0600
>   I generally drove my '83 Ford Ranger 4x4 in 2wd in the snow unless I was
coming to a particularly dangerous spot then kicked it into 4wd temporarily.
I did have a limited-slip, and Goodyear Wrangler radials.
>   As long as I was (extremely) careful I never had a problem driving my
Mustang 5.0 in snow and ice either.  (I will admit to being lucky more than
once though!)  It has stock type tires.  I did refrain from pushing my luck!
:-)  It was never fun, but I got where I had to and never got stuck.

I guess we need better definitions here. I took it for granted that a "good
snow car" included the concept of "fun". This description of driving a
Mustang in snow does not correlate to any of my ideas of fun. Limited-slip
would greatly enhance the drivability of a pickup in snow, but so few of
them seem to have it.
David Lieb