Re: PAYPAL SPOOF- Paypal users Please read

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "gerard" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: PAYPAL SPOOF- Paypal users Please read
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:47:05 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
I received 7 or 8 of these PayPal spoof emails between Nov 28 & Dec 6 and
forwarded them on to spoof@PayPal.com.  I only got PayPal's autoresponse
message but haven't received anymore bogus emails for the past week or so.

Scammers periodically hit my website offering to buy vehicles without
concern for condition, mileage, etc. and of course want to pay with a
cashiers check issued by a foreign bank for more than the amount of the
vehicle.  When they hit the site they usually send the same offer to 20 - 30
people during one night and usually use 3 - 4 different email addresses
(recently from Yahoo.co.uk).  I've reported some of the incidents to the
FBI's Fraud Complaint Center at www.ifccfbi.gov and so far have only
received their autoresponse message.  My email warnings to the scammers has
been the most effective way of getting them to stop.

Regards,

Chuck Endicott
www.PrivateSellersUSA.com