Re: $300 M. IV Sprite resto candidate, should I?

To: "Michael W. Jose" <michaelwjose@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: $300 M. IV Sprite resto candidate, should I?
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:55:24 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Look for rust where the rear springs mount (under the door B post). Look
for rust under the rockers, and through the floor area, since the Sprite
is a unibody and rust at those points can really weaken the structure.
I can give you a hood, about 99% straight, if you want to drive down to
Tucson to get it....  Pay attention to the structure of the front
suspension and steering rack, looking for sloppiness, and pay attention
to the wire wheels themselves, since they are expensive, and conversion
back to steel wheels is a pain in the butt!
Take care,
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson