Re: Engine Rool Around Dolly

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Rool Around Dolly
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 07:45:43 -0700
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
I simply took a piece of 3/4 inch plywood about 3 feet by 2 feet, put a
caster with 3" wheels  at each corner ( 2 rotating, 2 fixed ), drilled
two holes for a rope to pull it with, and use it all the time.  At the
moment i have a complete 1275 with tranny as well as a 1300 Spitfire
engine on it, leaning against each other.  It's hell to get it started
rolling with both those engines  and the trans on it, but it has shown
no signs of cracking or bowing after 3 years of heavy use.  I drill a
few holes down the edges and hook bungee cords over whatever the load
is.  Total cost: maybe $20 - 25.  Total time to make: 1/2 hour.  I work
as a courier, and used this particular dolly to deliver loads of over
300 pounds on a daily basis.  Now I have a new, smaller one for a new
smaller car!
Happy Holidays to all,
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson, AZ
(only 70 - 75 degrees today.... I'm wearing my knee length shorts to
keep the cold off!)