Re: 1500 hot hot hot

To: antony@antgel.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 hot hot hot
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 06:47:12 EDT
antony@antgel.co.uk writes:

> Ignition timing is good now, if I do say so myself, so I don't think
> that's anything to do with it.  What is interesting is that the hose
> from the rad to the expansion tank was dead cold.  Surely in an
> overheating situation coolant should be going into the tank, and out the
> (new) cap if necessary?

Not sure what the problem could be--I was thinking the pressure cap might not
be operating, but if it is new. . . (Unless, of course, it is oriental). My
1500 has always run cool--cool enough that I have had to go to a 190 thermostat
to keep the temperature in operating range.  That is, unless there is a
findable problem somewhere.     The system actually works pretty well. Did you
have
the radiator boiled aat the radiator shop out to clean all the crap out of it?

--David C.