Bugeye Front drum brakes

To: <spridgets-owner@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Front drum brakes
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:23:08 -0700
Cc: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Well, everyday is a new revelation.  Had a customer bring in his car because
the brakes were "feeling soft".  Another shop had put in all new drums and
wheel cylinders, front and back about 20 months ago.  So in tracking down what
the problem was I found that 2 wheel cylinders were leaking on the right front
and had properly lubed up the brake shoes and drum.

No problem, take off the shoes and cyls. for a rebuild.  Pull the cyl. apart
and discover it ain't like any I've seen before.  Call my supplier and tell
him what it is and he informs me that the newest brake cylinders have no
repair kits available for them!!

So, it looks like the Spridgets and the Morrises with this type wheel
cylinders are now in the new disposable mode!  Toss 'em out, put in new!!
Yikes!!  Velcro mechanicals on our beloved LBC's!!

Later, Paul A