Re: Too much oil?

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Too much oil?
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
--- James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your thoughts gentleman? I don't want to foam the
> oil by overfilling but how much over is too much.

Jim,
Drain it.  Foaming, leaks, and posibly oiling your
clutch are all bad things. I absent mindedly over
filled by a quart at RA between sessions (didn't drain
my oil cooler) and bad stuff started happening.
Trying to drain one quart didn't quite work out, and I
ended up dumping it all after one session.  Be
thankful it's not $7 per quart Redline...

Check out the new British Cars Forum: