Re: project cars

To: William Thompson <Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>
Subject: Re: project cars
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:41:42 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Arrange with the owner to find something like a local lumber yard or
junk yard that will lift one car with a fork lift (I did it once with a
TR3.... in Wisconsin!).  Run one car on the trailer bed down to the
place, roll it off, lift it up on top, tie it down, drive back to the
person's house and roll on the second car in a normal manner.  If you
remove the windshield from one car, you can lower the second story down
to about 32 or 33 inches clearance, making the whole project a little
safer as far as roll center goes.  I made mine out of 4x4's and 2x4's
and plywood with diagonal bracing at the front and sides.
The best of luck!
Bill
Slightly Classics
Tucson, AZ

William Thompson wrote:

>I just made the deal to buy those cars in Ohio, now I need to figure out
>how to get them home to Wisconsin. I have 2  14' trailers with Electric
>brakes, one is enclosed, and one is a dumping trailer. Im thinking about
>having a welding buddy of mine make something on the dumping trailer so
>they can be stacked. And I can pull them home in one trip. I just talked
>to the trailer manufacturer and he said that the sides would indeed hold
>the weight of a Spridget no problems.
>
>My only real problem is getting the cap UP there :-)
>
>Has any one of you all ever attempted this? Stacking 2 spridgets?
>
>Any one have any other Brilliant ideas?
>
>Willy

Check out the new British Cars Forum: