Re: Spridgets at car shows 16:39:56 -0700 (PDT)

To: soavero@yahoo.com (Ron Soave)
Subject: Re: Spridgets at car shows 16:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:54:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net (Spridget List)
LMAO!! :):)

I do remember her first name...Judy.
But man, I cannot remember her last
name for the life of me. Geeze, but those
were great, fun days.

Hangin' around with the guys with
Sprites, MGA's, TR3's and bathtub
Porschi. Rat-racing on the backroads
in suburban Stamford/Greenwich (no
deer hanging about back then).

Many, many trips to Lime Rock. Autocross
fun with the Fairfield Co. Sports Car Club.

Sneaking into the drive-in via the "exit",
by the little seaplane base with it's
neat row of yellow Piper J-3 Cubs. The
smell of fresh, salt air off LI Sound.

Heading down RT 95 to Portchester to
have a "few with the boys" on Friday night at the White Way...Walt and
Joe behind the bar, smilingly accepting our fake ID's.

Getting high with the crowd from Greenwich on Cheracol cough syrup
(or worse yet, Terpin Hydrate with
Codein)...man this stuff could keep you
"up" for hours!! The boats, the sportscars,
the girls....geeze!

How the hell I survived all this, I'll
never know.....but man, what great fun.

No doubt about it....
pretty much a great "childhood" and a good part of it was the sportscars
and the
guys and girls who dug 'em...great crowd.
great cars, great events, great fun....

I'm a lucky man.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)