Re: Spridgets at car shows

To: "Gus" <mother-ship@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Spridgets at car shows
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:03:47 -0700 reply-type=original
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Gus,

I poke fun at Miyatas, but truth is they are just about the only ones out
there who regularly  want to play.  You've got to give them that.  The
drivers look like they're having as much fun as me most days.  They're just
having it a wee bit slower.  But I'm not spending any more time dicing with
Miyatas until I figure out where that car wash is that Crash mentioned.

Glen

> Without giving my opinion on the Miata, How is it that we denegrate that
> car while justifying modifying the shit out of Spridgets until they aren't
> much more than a kit car?
>

> While I can imagine that there is some sort of special enjoyment to the
> masochism of driving a stock BE on a mountain road, there is an undeniable
> thrill to driving a 1275/5sp BE on a mountain road and blowing the doors
> off
> the occasional Miyata
>
> Gus aka "the firefly"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: