Starter solenoid

To: "Spridget List" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Starter solenoid
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:19:57 -0500 i9DMN35e017405
Anyone have a starter solenoid lying around for a bugeye?  The trick
here is that it is going on a concours car so it has to have the black
rubber insulators around the battery and starter bolts.  The
reproductions have white plastic and that wont suffice in this case.
Mine is the original solenoid (has a date code of 9/59 on it)  but it
has given up the ghost I am afraid.  The connection makes about every
tenth time.  I would like to find one with nice zinc plating on it still
as I dont know if I can separate the housing to change it out or have
the housing plated.  Just throwing it out here and keeping my fingers
crossed.  There are none on e-bay soooo.

Leo

---