Chain auto parts stores (NLBC)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chain auto parts stores (NLBC)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:04:53 -0400
I was in a couple of local auto parts store and one Pep Boys today.  I was
looking for a replacement valve cover stud, mine are all goobered up.  I did
not find one, but at least the local parts stores had cabinets to look
through and could provide a choice. Not a match but they had something to
look at.

But that Pep Boy's store is filled with with crap.  One corner of the store
was filled with cheap minibikes and motorcycles.  Plenty of rugs, sun
screens, a million cheap light up doodads.  At least 40 linear feet of
shelves filled with stuff to add to your gas, water, etc.  They had what
looked like the worlds cheapest jack and jackstands.  Both were chrome but
they looked so flimsy that I would not trust them to jack up my ass, let
alone a car.   The place was like a bad tag sale.  I think there were some
real auto parts in the place but I could not find any.  What a waste of real
estate and my time.

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"If Jesus had a license what kind of car would he drive?"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: