Block Heaters Redux

To: "Team Thicko" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Block Heaters Redux
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:50:03 -0500
Thanks all of you who responded to my question regarding the use of block
heaters instead of replacing coolant water with antifreeze for unheated garage
storage in winter. Two of my Spridgets are racers, and as Bill Dalton pointed
out, I can't run antifreeze in them. But, as others pointed out, water runs
cooler than antifreeze, and I also can attest that my street Bugeye ran
significantly cooler in the summer using water and Water Wetter instead of
antifreeze. However, the concensus is that I should continue to switch to
antifreeze in the winter rather than risk a power outage with a heater. And I
shall do so.

Bud Pazur

Check out the new British Cars Forum: