Re: 14" Wheels on Spridgets - Advantages?

To: <SSWARIN@aol.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 14" Wheels on Spridgets - Advantages?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:12:02 +0100
Steve,
Apart from the "looks" of better filled wheel arches, the usual performance
related reason for using larger wheels on any car is to enable the use of a
lower profile tyre.
This gives a stiffer and more responsive ride as it reduces the amount of
flex and distortion of the tyre walls and the amount of "suspension"
movement given by the tyres themselves.  Using a larger diameter wheel with
low profile tyres enables the rolling circumference of the wheel to be kept
near to normal so that the gearing is not substantially altered.

Guy