RE: Master Cylinder rebuild

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <w.lists@verizon.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Master Cylinder rebuild
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:29:43 -0600
Okay, looked all over today in the toolbox and cant find the adaptor I
made to push out brake cylinder pistons (eyes are really blurry today)
so I will descrobe it as good as I can.

Remember I built mine for a removing the dual MC pistons but it should
be the same for later years.

Take a brake bleeder screw (on a bugeye it also is the same thread as
the outlets on the MC.  Cut off the top of the bleeder (the part a dust
cap can be slid over)  Weld a short nipple on top of it. And on top of
that weld a grease fitting.  Now you can screw the brake fitting in the
outlet port, pump on the grease gun and the grease will push the piston
out.  Works on corroded wheel cylinders to.  If needed e-mail me with a
ph number and I will call and explain it better.

Leo

---