Re: Electrics - scratchin my head

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Electrics - scratchin my head
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:06:44 -0600
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It is always a REAL possibility that you have placed the wiring to the
alternator (My assumption here) in *almost* right.  If you cross wire
it the car will do exactly as you describe.  Current feeds backward
through a component, usually the voltage regulator, but even on modern
cars it can happen through a turn signal.  (The 1996 SAAB 9000 had/has
a wierd problem where if you have the wrong type bulb in the L rear
taillight the car will continue to run if turned off.  No, really..

Lester