LBC car sightings

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LBC car sightings
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:06:50 -0800 (PST)
I'm on vacation this week in Siesta Key, FL and got a chance on Sunday to go to
an Invitational Car Show put on by the Sarasota Sports Car Club. Talk about an
exclusive, well moneyed club. Show was held in St. Armands Circle by Sarasota.
Featured everything from Cords, Auburns. beautiful '38 Auburn Boat Tailed
Speedster, a resale Red 'XK120, a XJ220, and the best of show a 1938 Jaguar SS.
Talk about a beautiful car I never thought I'd get to see in person. Beautiful
Green 289 Cobra I saw featured on My Classic Car last week was there. Former
Best of Show Winner Lots of other interesting LBC cars including I'm guessing a
53-56 Sunbeam Alpine convertible, and I had an interesting chat with an
Englishman who brought 2 1951 Jowlett Javelins to the show. Amongst all of this
Concours quality display of cars what do I spot tucked away in the corner but a
beautiful green '61 Bugeye. Turns out car is owned by a guy originally from
Dayton, OH who used to live not a mile from my old house. We
 had a interesting discussion about the Sarasota Sports Car Club and the merits
of owning a Bugeye vs. a million dollar Jaguar SS. A fun time.

Siesta Key, an absolute car nuts dream place. And it isn't even in season yet.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH